Welcome to HARK’s documentation!¶
Heterogenous Agents Resources & toolKit (HARK) is a toolkit for the structural modeling of economic choices of optimizing and non-optimizing heterogeneous agents.
HARK is software written in Python. This is the documentation for that software. It is aimed at computational researchers and other software developers who are building new models with HARK, or are contributing to the core software.
If you are a student trying to learn economics concepts, you might want to look at the DemARK project.
- A Gentle Introduction to HARK
- IndShockConsumerType Documentation
- Consumption-Saving model with Idiosyncratic Income Shocks
- Statement of idiosyncratic income shocks model
- Solution method for IndShockConsumerType
- Example parameter values to construct an instance of IndShockConsumerType
- Solving and examining the solution of the idiosyncratic income shocks model
- Simulating the idiosyncratic income shocks model
- Other example specifications of idiosyncratic income shocks consumers
- KinkedRconsumerType: Consumption-saving model with idiosyncratic income shocks and different interest rates on borrowing and saving
- Permanent versus Persistent Income Shocks
- The Distribution of Assets By Age
- How we solve a model defined by the
- Let’s try it in action!
- Journey 1: 1st year PhD student